Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Every Day
















I awake with the duality of hope and disappointment. The latter because without a doubt I will eat rice today, once again lose the battle against mosquitoes, be the subject of stares, and in someway be reminded that I don´t belong.

I guess I owe it to the former for still being here. Being in a new environment lends itself to new experiences and perspectives--and visa versa--the opportunity to share who I am--my culture, my values, my knowledge. Plus, when will I ever again have my own personal fan club of small children?

(Happy Mother´s Day Panamanian Style)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Myers said...

Wow, those kids clothes are so colorful!!! They make my closet look very dull. Jess, remember the Burgh's winters?? Enjoy the sun for me please!!!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home